You’ll be making 20 delicious “share with your friends” cookies, or 12 WHOA momma all mine cookies
1 1/3 cups Raw Sugar
2 cups white (organic non-bleached please) flour
1 1/4 cups whole grain oatmeal
2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts, raw/unsalted or thinly slices Almonds work well also
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup canola oil or margarine
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
Optional extras for the daring
3 Tbsp flax seed meal. (Nutrition enhancement. You can hardly taste the difference.)
2 Tbsp Agave nectar or Honey.
How to go about it
1. Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, and optional flax seed meal .
2. Add the liquid ingredients: soy milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, (Honey or Agave if you please). If dough seems dry try adding a bit more soy milk. Dough should seem a bit ‘wet’.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Try not to over mix the dough as the cookie may come out a little tough. It’s OK if the dough looks too chunky. It might be a bit tricky to spoon onto your pan, but the taste will be well worth it!
4. Spoon Cookie dough onto a lightly sprayed cookie baking sheet or parchment paper lined sheet.
5. Dot each cookie with a walnut, pecan nut or chocolate chip on top. Smile
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes. Cookies will continue to harden after they are removed from oven. So don’t start nibbling yet. Extra large cookies may need a few extra minutes.
7. Let cool for 20 minutes as you inhale the fragrances. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea and book.