Oh my word these are good. Seriously simple to make, these biscuits take about 40 minutes including cooking time. You may vary the recipe by adding some cocoa to the dry ingredients or for a super sugar hit, dip the macaroons in melted chocolate once they’ve cooled. They will keep for a week, if they last the night.
Yield: 16 cookies Time: 40 minute
- 3 cups unsweetened
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp egg replacer
- 2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Line 1 cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix coconut with icing sugar
- Whisk egg replacer & vanilla extract into coconut milk
- Blend the milk mixture with the coconut mixture
- Drop 2 Tbsp of batter onto cookie sheets. The texture allows you shape them while on the parchment paper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden HINT: Allow cookies to cool completely before removing from pan otherwise they may crumble.
Chocolate Lover’s Variation: Add 3 Tbsp cocoa powder to the coconut mixture the follow the recipe as directed.
Nutrition Data: 28g Serving: 96 cal, 10g carbs, 6g fat, 45mg sodium, 2g fiber, 1g protein, low Cholesterol. Estimated glycemic load 5.