Black Bean dip
I’m beginning to believe this dip is the only reason people invite me to parties. Protein rich and great on top of taco chips, sliced veg’s or wedges.
2 cans black beans (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 small onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Teaspoon ground cummin
1 1/2 t olive oil
2 Teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup vegetable stock
1. If you’re using canned beans, drain and rinse before use. If you’re using dried beans, soak over night and rinse before boiling in rapid water for an hour or so.
2. Place olive oil in a pan set over a medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic and sauté for about three minutes, until the vegetables are fragrant and starting to brown slightly.
3. Stir in cummin and reduce heat. Cook for a further two minutes.
4. Place cool beans in a food processor and pulse several times. Scrap down the sides every few pulses to ensure consistency.
5. Add vegetable mixture and pulse a few more times.
6. Add vegetable broth in small batches to thin the dip to the desired consistency.
~Cilanto makes a great garnish or the trusty parsley. Serve immediately, or allow to cool in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Makes 3 cup servings!