The stir fry is a Chinese cooking technique that has spread to kitchens around the world.
Stir-frying is a way of fast-cooking ingredients that usually consists mainly of vegetables, in a small amount of oil while being stirred continuously. It’s convenient, easy to make, and when done properly, super yummy!
Vegan Stir Fry dishes are great for the home cook because we tend to eat at home a lot, especially in areas where there aren’t many vegan restaurant options.
Home-cooked meals tend to be healthier, and more to my liking.
- 1 beetroot plus the stems and leaves from the bunch
- 1 stalk celery1 stalk celery
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup beetroot stems
- 1 cup beet leaves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger
1.Wash all vegetables before use.
2. Peel and slice the beetroot into strips. Chop the stems and leaves and measure out 1/2 cup of stems and 1 cup of leaves.
3. Slice the red onion and ginger and chop the carrots and celery.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a wok until the oil is hot.
5. Add onions and fry for 1 minute, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon
6. Add remaining vegetables and toss to coat evenly with oil.
7. Stir and add Chinese 5 spice, white wine vinegar, and ginger.
8. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
Serve at once.