These 3-seed peanut butter bites are a great vegan snack that is packed full of energy and a twist of sweetness to tickle your tastebuds.
Although this recipe is a perfect example of separating into bite-sized portions, if you want to mold the ingredients into bars to bake instead, you can use the exact same recipe.
- 2 ripe bananas2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 ground almonds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup soya bran
- 40 grams vegan chocolate ,cut into small pieces (the size of chocolate chips)
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- Warm oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash your bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir together peanut butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon with a wooden spoon.
4.Add the wheat bran, soya brran, ground almonds, and seeds and stir.
5.Mix in dates and chocolate pieces.
6.Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into silicone muffin trays, patting it in with a wooden spoon so that the surface is smooth.
7.Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes, until it’s browned and crispy around the edges.
8.This is an easy one-bowl recipe that makes a dozen cupcakes. I use silicone baking trays, so there is no need to grease or line the trays.
9.Makes 12 large muffin-sized snacks, 24 small muffin-sized bites or 6 large and 12 small. Great to pack for a snack or to have before or after a workout.