We’ve had a number of requests for more recipes including dessert, so I decided to unleash my Fudgy Vegan Chocolate Brownies. Remember that these are just as effective as a mid-day snack, or even as an energizing treat before or after a workout.
Once you’ve prepared your ingredients and placed them on your worktop, it takes approximately 30 minutes to combine them, then another 20 to bake the vegan brownies before they’re ready to stand.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/8cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup linseed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup soya flour
- 20 grams chocolate chips
- peanut butter (optional)
- preheat ovn to 180 degrees C.
1.Mash bananas in a bowl/blender.
2. Add chia seeds, pure maple syrup, and 1/8 cup water.
3. Combine the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
4. Add baking soda/water and cornstarch/water mixtures.
5. A wide variety of fruits and vegetables also act as egg substitutes for leavening and binding.
6. Add soya flour and mix with a wooden spoon until it becomes smooth.
7. Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
8. Scoop the batter into the silicone muffin cups.
9. If you wish to add peanut butter, swirl 1 teaspoon of peanut butter into each brownie with a fork.
10. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.