As Christmas draws nearer, it’s time for a Christmas recipe, and nothing says cold evenings, crispy snow underfoot, or a warm fire like pumpkin pie.
You can make this dessert in less than an hour, so you won’t spend all evening in the kitchen and miss out on great Xmas TV and fun with the family.
I love how this pumpkin pie turned out, and I hope you do too. Merry Christmas!
- 1 1/4 cups cashews
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz/425gr) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground gloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 unbaked 9 inch shortcrust pastry
1.Add cashews, water, and salt to a large bowl/Tupperware container. Cover and refrigerate for 12-18 hours.
2. Heat the oven to 200 C.
3. Drain cashews. Pour into a blender with pumpkin, maple syrup, and almond milk and blend until creamy.
4. Place the shortcrust pastry in a 9-inch pie dish.
5. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell, and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
6. Carefully cover the edge of the pie crust with foil, and put in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 C. Set the temperature to 150 C for another 40 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for a further 5 minutes.
7. Allow the pie to cool for 30 minutes before serving. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.