Make this vegetable soup by combining vegetables at the end of the week to create a delicious, nutritious meal.
This recipe is based on what I had left in the kitchen last week. Feel free to replace any of the ingredients with whatever you have, or follow along with mine on any day of the week you like.
- 1 medium potato
- 3 carrots, varying sizes
- Partial head of cabbage
- 1 small onion
- 1 parsnip
- 3 large green beans
- 500 ml vegetable broth (made from vegan stock powder)
- 1 tablespoon yeast extract mixed with 500ml hot water
- 2 bay leaves
1. Peel and wash potato, carrots, and parsnip
2. Chop into pieces, then place in a large saucepan.
3. Cut the cabbage, onion, and green beans and add to the pan.
4. Pour 500 ml of hot water into a jug. Add 1 tbsp of yeast extract.
5. Vegan stock powder should be mixed with 500 ml of hot water in a measuring jug to make the broth.
6. Add bay leaves, vegetable broth, and yeast extract mixture to the pan, cover the vegetables with it and stir.
7. Add other ingredients to taste, such as black pepper or chopped herbs.
8. Cover and simmer the peppers and onions for 30 minutes.
9. Serve hot with black pepper or fresh herbs added to the taste.