On a cold winter day, there’s nothing like a bowl of hot soup to warm your insides and defrost your fingers, toes, nose, and ears.
This recipe for vegan lentil soup is perfect for a cold winter’s night or as a healthy packed lunch option for work or a long journey.
- 2 tablespoons olive
- 3 stalks celery washed and chopped
- 1 medium onion (red or white) peeled and chopped
- 3-4 medium carrots, washed, peeled, and chopped
- 900ml vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- ground black pepper
- dash of mixed herbs
1.Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and stir with a spoon, tossing to coat everything in oil.
2. Define broth. Add to a boiling pot. Stir in turmeric. Cover, cook 20 m x (or: for at least 20 minutes). Add black pepper and mixed herbs to taste.
3. Place the saucepan on a heatproof surface. Transfer the contents of the pan into a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Bring to a boil, then pour into bowls or a thermos.
5. May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.